Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Everyone Has Been Busy!

 This Friday morning was full of eye candy and lush fibers.  Boy everyone has been so busy its really exciting and we all are in a fuss about wanting to finish our existing work to begin something new.

I really can't remember the name of this pattern but its a very interesting scarf using short rows done on one of the yarns at HNT called Denali by Pagewood Farms.  Love this in person much better than my sad photo, its really delicious.
 After a year of saying NO No No I will not pick up spinning again, here I am again tinkering with a drop spindle and a bit of hand spun yarn.  This is beyond squishy and delectable. I got a little drop spindle that came with 3 ounces of fiber and I spun it up in no time.  Drat its not quite enough to do anything with except to drool over.   I am guessing another wheel will eventually find its way to my house but the price of wheels now as compared to 20 years ago about threw me out of my chair.   Gulp...
 My Andrea Shawl is almost done, this is so pretty and I made size medium, should have done the large, however its so pretty I am sure I will do another one.   Next post it will be finished.
 Candice finished her Multnomah, I wish the photo showed off her edging better, its like the froth of the morning ocean tide, boy the color is so like blue jeans and comfie relaxation.   You did good girl!
 We all just had to step back and take in this lovely yarn that will eventually become another Summer Waves Cardi.   Its a Berroco yarn from HNT shop, a type of linen feel and its going to be outstanding!!
 Another Multnomah shawl being worked in the Blossom Street yarn - I think Jessica is going to work this into a larger size by adding an extra row of repeats.   Pretty muted colors.
 This odd yarn is called -Oh the name just slipped my mind...I hate it when that happens.  Its what Rebecca is working on and another Summer Waves Cardi project.  This has some cotton in it and the ball of yarn does not even suggest this outstanding striping effect.  These yarn companies should send swatches - Who Knew!   Really pretty knitted up.   Oh the yarn is Kudo.  You can actually look that up on Ravelry and see what others are knitting with it.
Cofmie feet make knitting more relaxing, and so here are some comfie hand knitted socks!  

We are a relaxed group this morning, no death grips, only a few dropped stitches and upside down yarn overs...life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment