Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Word On Socks


See ya Tues evening!   Vicki has a pretty straight forward Heirloom block to start on the afghan Block Of The Month, but the socks need some discussion.

I know I have eyed some of the cool bulky yarns thinking how lovey they would be in socks.   Let me just say NO do not try this.  First off the bulky appears it will have enough yarn in a skein but one ball will just give you one sock..you would need two skeins for a pair!   Here is an example I did and I did not make the second.  This one was MORE work than you can imagine.  Its gianormous and I could not keep the stitches on my needles it became so big when adding the gussett!   You need to use the recommended worsted weight - the shop has lots to choose from where ONE skein will make a pair.   Remember these are your first socks, and you want to like and wear them even if they are not perfect!

I did manage to finish a pair over the holidays -

Till Tues!

No comments:

Post a Comment