Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Fun Of It All

 We are getting down on Downton Abby hats!  These are just wonderful and thank you so much Ms Vicki for all your hard work and hours of knitting guages.  I think it paid off because there is no doubt we all love this hat!  I love how it fits, can you tell by my big smile, I am about to steal it from you!
 Jennifer also seems very tickled with your hat!  BUT will she be knitting one for herself - the burning question, what colors will she use.
 Rebecca offered us a great deal on this fantastic Thaki yarn in tweeds.  The hat only takes 2 50 gm balls (one color for each ball) and you can see that some of the color combinations are going to be truly handsome.  We are knitting size Toddler using this larger yarn and bigger needles.

 I started this tam last week and got it finished - just had to show it off.  I LOVE it, its so electric and amazing.  It really went quick which was a surprise to me.   Mini Mochi yarn, one ball in black and one ball in Neptune.
 This is the rim side - pattern is on ravelry and my handle is timelessdog if you want to check out my stash and projects.
 Peggy is sampling the tam, I love how the pattern shows up on the edge.
 Wasie - Happy, happy, happy!

Just so you know, I am still working on socks!

OK this must be my blue period because last month I finished a blue summer cardi and now I have a pair of 56 row socks done in the Pagewood farms yarn at the shop - it changed colors on me!!!!!Not happy.  Nothing on this skein said it was graduating and now they look like they came from two different skeins!   Oh the joys of knitting.  Anyway just finished these up 2 weeks ago...fit like a dream. size one needles.


The shop has self patterning sock yarn by Berroco and this is really pretty for socks and also if you want to work on a hat like a little slouchy.  I have not blocked these yet, they are just as is.







Mini Mochi yarn again, been sitting on this yarn for a few months and finally got Silk Roads Journey pattern knitted - it has a little ruffly thing going on for the cuff. 
I will never wear winter socks that are not hand knit again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment