Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Frustration ~ End of the Month!

 I just can't say enough about what August has done to our self esteem!  Our needles are breaking, our yarn tangling and our brains melting.   OK not that bad but at least Margret's lovely knitting is coming along splendid!
 Candice who has been away on Holiday returns only to have Ripley rip out rows to get her lost stitch reclaimed.  Woe is her.  Ripley has tossed out her Zoe Cardi to the curve and frogged it for now, whats up with knitting projects lately!

EmegencyYarnPeggy has been fighting with her Downton hat and I fear its met up with Ripleys Zoe Cardi over on some street corner or frog pond.  Maybe it was to much sugar at snack night last week!
 Woe is Me continues as I run out of yarn toward the end of my Multnomah Shawl, so I ordered another skein - but not all was lost as Wasie ordered a couple too, and then I ordered another color.  This went on for at least 40 minutes choosing colors and product to get free shipping!
 Wasie also treated us to this show and tell of an amazing collaboration of work from ladies at her church, she picked up some border fabric to finish this up.  It has big WOW factor!
 Ms Ripley showed us the Russian Knot - very interesting and at times it worked, guess being Russian has nothing to do with that but very clever and should be really helpful when we run into the need to join yarn without a knot...here is a link on YouTube  RussianKnot   hope this link works, if not or knot, then just google it and you will see how easy it is.   Jennifer also demonstrated a knot but as August would have it, her knots broke and she has joined the land of Woe Is Me.
 This is just a photo of a lovely hat to entice.   The work is called Enterlac In The Round - Wasie can help us to learn this, I think its amazing and I want to learn it, course it could be flat and not round, a scarf or a dish cloth...just saying......  Again google for more on Enterlac.
 Not Knitting - What I have been working on while my brain melts with Woe Is Me and yarn issues.   Not finished, just fused, waiting my machine to return from service.
Here is the latest fox I am working on.  I usually work from photos and  the fox part is finished and now I am auditioning fabric for leaves in the woods.

Since I have run out of yarn, I must keep my hands busy or start another knitting project!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment