Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

New Skeins & Block Busters

Those blocks!   My gosh and golly you guys are cranking out the Heirloom afghan blocks left and right.  I love this little purple block, I think its the Feb block called Daisy and I believe this is Jennifer's block.  We need to give her a good nick name, she is young, she is talented and FAST with the needles.  Her tension is spot on and she truly has a nack for this textile work.  There should be a vote next Tues night!  After all she already finished 2 pair of socks with just one short tutorial from me!
 Our great Ripley has been busy getting the Heritage sample blocks knitted up.  You all know who Ripley is, the one who comes over and rips out your stitches and fixes your work!!!  Vicki has a new handle. 
Honestly I tried to take these pictures in order but not quite sure if I have given them the right month.  This cable is April's block.  I know some of these have been started already. 
 This could be a preview of May's block.
 This I think is Elm leaves, and June's block.  Really delicate compared to the cable and the basket weave look.
 Two blocks side by side from the fast hands of one of the knitters.  January's block next to Feb's block.  Hey, once they are blocked they will be the same size! 
 I wish you could see this pretty yarn better, its a slate blue with flecks of turquoise slub.  Its really a pretty look knitted up.
 Our yougest knitter has been getting coached by her gram.  She is knitting a really cool scarf on her own with just the slightest help.  We are all pulling for her to start her first sweater next month.  Joking..
 Pagewood Farms lovely yarn Danali in the color Grasshopper!   Socks again.  I think I will hand my handle over to Jennifer as I do not feel like FAST Sally anymore...more like plodding Sally.  Anyway, this is the most enjoyable sock I have done to date.  Still on the 1st one!
Jennifer was given a challenge by her gram Ripley, if you can knit my scarf, I will gift you some new needles!   The challenge was accepted and we should see a new scarf or shawl next week!  I forget the name of the red designer yarn, but its being knitted up with some soft brushed baby alpaca.  Hot color, hot scarf...really a great one to keep you warm in cold drafts. 

Thats it from your OddBall reporter.
Be sure to check out all the new skeins in the shop!   Cheers ~

No comments:

Post a Comment