Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Sock Loom Anyone!


I now have mouse hand from surfing the internet about different ways to knit socks.  I knew there were sock knitting machines   but those are really expensive.  Does anyone remember the Bond Knitting machine. I know I had one and loved using it and made tons of cool things from my handspun yarns.   I wonder if you can even get one of these old antiques!   Which lead me down another avenue of the little sock looms you hear about.   May this be the answer to all your sock knitting dilemma!

The sock loom idea seems to have many possibilities.

Leisure Arts-Sock Loom BasicsYou tube also offers great information! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS61MXrBg8E   I love this little Wonder Loom as it even has little ridges so your hook needle can easily catch up the yarn to drop it over the upright post.     You guessed it, over at Amazon they have the looms!  KissLooms is a nice place to visit too!
KissLooms   No matter what pattern you can adapt it to these looms.  Personally I think once you learn how to knit a sock that the hand knitting method might be faster but this looks like a lot of fun!

Happy Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment