Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Feburary Keeps up the Wow Factor

 Winter in Feb. has been keeping us away from our knitting get togethers but not from knitting.  I wanted to highlight a couple things that were there this Friday.

Berroco Ultra Alpaca done up in a seed stitch cowl,  This is so pretty, soft and the heathers just give it a totally rich look.   I wonder how much it would cost in a department store if you were to try and buy one!  Beautiful work.
 This is the Basic Bolero our group is working on.  I got mine finished and just love it.  My Bolero is XL and it used 4 skeins.  I knit loose so if you knit tight you might need 5 skeins.  This is soft and warm and I love being wrapped up in yarn.
 This is the back of my sweater.  So fun to have this fashionable look on a simple sweater pattern.  Be sure to get with Vicki for pattern info as found in the magazine Love of Knitting Winter 2013.
 Its always fascinating to me to see yarn  in a skein and wonder what in the world does it look like knitted up!  Well here is an example of some of the lovely single ply yarn the shop has knitted up into what I believe is headed toward being a cowl.  Now remember you can go on Ravelry.com and check out  yarn brands and see what others are knitting up.
A bulky yarn headed toward a cowl of a different type.  This pattern looks like an infinity scarf/cowl.   Pretty and soft, I hope to see it finished next Friday because this should be a fast knit.

Ground hog says we have a few more weeks of winter left, I am so anxious for that to be wrong!   See ya at knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment