Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fall is Here!!

Our Group is forging ahead into fall now, and lots of the people who were just beginners a few months ago are also forging ahead with their first scarf/shawl.   I find it so interesting to see all these yarns knitted up and what they look like compared to just in a ball on the shelf.  They really take on a new life.  The shop has offered Blossom Street for the Multnomah project and some are using this with a contrasting color and some are using a complete different yarn, as the weeks go on I will get some photos to share, but for now I have about talked Multnomah to death, but I gotta say its a fun, easy knit and I am making another one too!

The shop also has some yarn that sorta seems to be just sleeping right now, and it knits up so soft and pretty.  Its Berroco Vintage (oh I hope I have the right name!), and comes in lots of colors and soft heathers.  Its a worsted yarn coming in about $7 a skein.  Vicki has knitted up a red swatch in two different needle sizes so people can see how nice an soft and squishy it is, but I thought I would see what I could find through the internet of things that this yarn would knit up like that would give you OB's some easy holiday projects...So here you go - get inspired, check out Ravelry for some free patterns and get out of your comfort zone!
Quilted Lattice Ascot by Pam Powers | Project | Knitting / Accessories | Kollabora #diy #kollabora #knitting #scarf
Challah Infinity Scarf by Pam Powers | Project | Knitting / Scarves, Shawls, & Cowls | Kollabora #diy #kollabora #knitting #scarf
 Something to make for myself (next week). My hair is really long this helps keep it up and out of the way when trying to do things out doors or shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment