Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Dishcloth Patten from Candice

I was sure I had photos of these great dish cloths, but a couple weeks ago Candice brought in a few for us to admire and Peggy and I got one each.   I love this dish cloth, its my go to one now and  finding myself fearful of wearing it out I thought I should get busy and make a few for myself.  These are done with cotton yarn I believe Peaches N Cream is what Candice uses.   Her tip last week was if you have some really junky stiff scratchy yarn you are about to frog that works up for great shower cleaning cloths!  Cool idea!

Dish Cloth Pattern

One ball of Peaches N Cream
Size 7 straight needles

Row 1:  Cast on 4
Row 2:  K2, yo, K2
Row 3: K2, yo, k to end
Row 4 Repeat row 3 until 35 stitches on needle (or 40 if you want it bigger)

#5:  Next row, k1, K2tog, yo, K2tog, K to end

#6 Repeat row 5 until 5 stitches are left

#7 Bind off 4 stitches.
Now this is a really cool diagonal pattern you will be able to memorize pretty darn easy and looks like this:



You can also practice knit straight across if you want, remember all those patterns for your heirloom afghan!  You can even do just a garter stitch, but what lovely ideas for creative enjoyment for the kitchen chores!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment