Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hooray Its Knitting Day

 Holy cow, the rain sure didn't keep any of the Odd Balls away!  It was like we never missed a beat and I am guessing two weeks away from the shop over holidays really got the juices flowing.  I was going to take a count of how many started socks and I think there were 10 at least!   I am so excited so many took the plunge into insanity.  The biggest challenge was met, casting onto 4 needles and then connecting that first stitch to create your first round.

Well played!  By the time my hour was up and it was time for Vicki to start her block of the month Heritage Afghan, everyone had gotten at least 2-3 rounds knitted on their first sock.  Next week, we start the heel flap!


After sock hour the long needles came out and I am sorry my images did not come out good enough to post, but there was quite an array of colors for those blocks.   In comparison to the sock challenge the afghan block should seem like a cake walk!

Out came the long needles, fresh balls of yarn, and another project started.   When Vicki showed off her finished sample block she reminded everyone that later in the course of time she will also teach us how to block our work so those blocks are nice and square and beautiful!  


See ya next Tuesday, where everyone knows your skein, and we are all glad you came!

No comments:

Post a Comment